Friday, May 22, 2009

Who knew the state of Michigan was like a wild animal park??

So far in the two weeks I have been here, it has felt somewhat like a zoo in that I am seeing animals that I have only seen in pictures in real life. I guess that happens when you grow up in the desert.

I have seen these three:

















Unfortunately for me and them, they all seem to be "playing possum" on the side or middle of the road.
I have seen a few live animals though, like a snake, a chipmunk, and a big fat rat. The rat was huge and disgusting and I have never seen anything like it! Insects also do not seem to be in short supply here, and when Peter and I went on a bike ride yesterday a big fat bee ran right into my head. And these bees aren't normal sized, they are like the size of June bugs but with huge ol stingers.

Hopefully I will see more animals as the months go by, and less of them hanging out by the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment