Saturday, December 13, 2014

We have finally made it! After postponing our trip by a day because our visas had not arrived, we finally left on Thursday and made it here Friday morning. 7 checked bags, 2 car seats, 1 stroller, and 4 carry-ons later, we were on our plane. (I felt like I could write a 12 days of Christmas song about all of our stuff).
So funny, I was trying to tell the girls that they would need to sleep on the plane and little Clara asks, "How are they going to get my Elsa bed on the airplane?"


Clara passed out before dinner arrived, and Charlotte watched a few movies before she went to sleep. I had packed a huge bag of activities and snacks that didn't even get touched! We felt so lucky to have such sweet and easy girls.
We are staying in an extended stay hotel until we find a place to live and our shipments arrive. Also staying in the hotel is a Brazilian family that studied at BYU and has two little kids around our kids ages. Charlotte is beyond excited to have a friend.
Tonight we have a Christmas party for our church to go to and hopefully we will meet some more friends!

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I'm so glad your blog was still in my reader so now I get to be your first comment! Glad you made it safe and sound. Keep updating on here--I want to hear all your cool adventures! (this is Kim Schwartz--I have no idea what account I'm on or how this will appear when I hit publish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry we never got to hang out before we left. Do you have one so I can keep up with you and the boys? I hope Ben's new job is going well!

      Delete
  2. And the adventure begins! So happy for you! I hope all is well! I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete