Thursday, October 29, 2009

Updating of our apartment

Peter and I have the same stuff that we came to our marriage with 2 years ago, but in worse condition. They are wonderful pieces of furniture, mind you, they just needed some updates. :) Also, I think Peter and I have a phobia of clutter and stuff. So our walls were fairly empty, and that also needed to change.

Recently Grapevine had a citywide garage sale. At said sale, I got these awesome antique paintings of these birds. After some painting and windex, we got . . .
These! The pictures pp a lot more with the new paint and I am obsessed with them.
We bought some stain (meaning I did, the person who knows absolutely nothing about home improvement) and stained the bookshelf that was passed from mom (thanks mom!) to amanda to us. It looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself, although you can't really tell much from the picture.
We also redid the hutch that Uncle Mike gave us (thanks Uncle Mike!) and you can't tell from the picture either but it is a dark gray/dark brown. We spray painted the hinges and handles, and it looks great.
We are still thinking about staining our table, but I think that project will have to wait for when we have more time, because our table is massive!


3 comments:

  1. There goes Martha, being snazzy again! The hutch looks awesome. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I love what you did with that furniture...looks great! I didn't know you moved to Texas! Hope you're enjoying it! My husband's from Houston so we get to go down there a few times a year. It's definitely much more beautiful than Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sure making your apartment nice! Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete